What is Bikram Yoga
- Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises, suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Each posture stretches, strengthens and prepares specific muscles, ligaments and joints for the next posture.
- Bikram Yoga also stimulates the organs, glands and nervous system moving fresh, oxygenated blood to 100% of the body, restoring all systems to true health.
- Bikram Choudhury scientifically designed this 90-minute program to deliver total health through the balancing and strengthening of every system in the body in order to prevent illness and injury, promote weight loss and limit the effects of aging.
- The series of postures combines skills of concentration, patience, determination and self control.
- This, in turn, increases mental clarity and reduces stress.
- Bikram Yoga is practiced in a heated room to warm your muscles, allow a deeper workout, and cleanse the body by flushing toxins.
- The best part is: anyone can do it!
- This yoga will make you stronger, healthier and more flexible than you ever thought you could be.